Did you know the CLAMS Library Network has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? Go to clamsnet.overdrive.com for titles. You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand. Continue reading
Category Archives: Featured
According to the News from the Library of Congress, on December 14, 2016 the new Librarian of Congress, Carla Hayden, announced, “the annual selection of 25 motion pictures that have been inducted into the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress because of their cultural, historic or aesthetic importance.”
We have most of the titles available through CLAMS. If there is a title on the list unavailable in CLAMS you can request a title via the Commonwealth Catalog or contact your local library to receive the item via InterLibrary Loan.
Films Selected for the 2016 National Film Registry
- Atomic Cafe (1982)
- Ball of Fire (1941)
- Beau Brummels, The (1928)
- Birds, The (1963)
- Blackboard Jungle (1955)
- Breakfast Club, The (1985)
- Decline of Western Civilization, The (1981)
- East of Eden (1955)
- Funny Girl (1968)
- Life of an American Fireman (1903)
- Lion King, The (1994)
- Lost Horizon (1937)
- Musketeers of Pig Alley, The (1912)
- Paris Is Burning (1990)
- Point Blank (1967)
- Princess Bride, The (1987)
- Putney Swope (1969)
- Rushmore (1998)
- Solomon Sir Jones films (1924-28)
- Steamboat Bill, Jr. (1928)
- Suzanne, Suzanne (1982)
- Thelma & Louise (1991)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1916)
- Walk in the Sun, A (1945)
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
“Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) won the Young People’s Literature award with his co-writer Andrew Aydin and artist Nate Powell for “March: Book Three.” The graphic novel recounts Lewis’ experience during the civil rights movement.” — BookTV.
Read his incredible series March, available in CLAMS: http://bit.ly/2gBSKMn
There are lots of interesting and fun programs scheduled for adults and children at local CLAMS Member libraries over the coming months. Check out the CLAMS calendar and/or the CLAMS Facebook events page to see what’s happening or, check with your local CLAMS library.
Read the full description of the event to find out if a ticket or pre-registration is required.
Who doesn’t like a discount? Your local CLAMS library may offer free- to-you, or discounted passes for: museums, art centers, and more. Check the online list and visit your library’s website for more information. Libraries will vary in selection, reservation, and lending policies.
Due to a recent software upgrade there are some new features in the Commonwealth Catalog. The upgrade will allow users to:
- Cancel items in Retry status from the My Account menu.
- Items in search results will have Action Buttons on covers : Request This Item – if there is only one item; brings up the request form (or login) directly and View Details – if there is more than one item; brings up list of titles and locations.
Browse hundreds of recent additions, eBooks and monthly theme titles in the CLAMS new look “Featured Titles” section. Click on the images below and link directly into the Catalog.
May is barbecue month – have fun browsing!