For example, if you want to read the art history mysteries by Iain Pears in order.
It is often difficult to determine the order of books in a series from the catalog. Other resources that can be helpful are:
- Search for one of the titles in the series, e.g., The Bernini Bust. When you scroll down you will see other titles in the series. This data is automatically pulled from an online database “Novelist” and is based on the presence of specific criteria in the record. Unfortunately the data is not pulled automatically for all catalog entries.
- Search the NoveList Plus online database. You will need your library card.
- What’s Next™: Books in Series database from the Kent District Library.http://ww2.kdl.org/libcat/WhatsNextNEW.asp
- Fantastic Fiction – Over 20,000 bestselling author bibliographies with all the latest books, covers and descriptions. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/
- Use reference books owned by CLAMS libraries. If you do a Keyword search in the catalog for “read next”(including the quotation marks), you will see a number of relevant reference works, such as “What mystery do I read next? : a reader’s guide to recent mystery fiction”