- A single search box provides a simple Google-like experience.
- Faceted Search results. Facets can be added to or removed from one’s search in any order.
What are facets? Facets are filters one can use to modify searches; they typically reduce the number of results each time a facet is added.
This helps users start with a general search and breaks it down into a more manageable, specific results list.
- Tags to refine your search, which are subject headings found in search results displayed.
- Holdings information at the search results screen.
- RightResults relevance ranking bringing the most relevant results to you at the beginning of the results display.
- Ability to re-sort a result list by Title or Date.
- “Did you mean” function based on words and phrases found in our collection, which is superior to spell checking with a dictionary.
- Access to articles available to all Massachusetts residents through the state; No need to leave the catalog to search for articles in magazines, journals, etc.
- Ability to search for eBooks and Digital Audiobooks without leaving the Encore catalog.
Includes display of eBook availability, request placement, and checkout of OverDrive eBooks and Audiobooks from within Encore and access to articles from Gale General OneFile, an online reference resource provided through the state. Find more articles on our research and reference databases page.
What are some of the features of Encore?
Bookmark the permalink.