Check out this new database available to all CLAMS Library Network card holders! Thanks to the Mass Library System, patrons now have access to Gale Legal Forms. Click the link below, click your home library in the list, then scroll down to Legal Forms. Included are Probate, Wills & Estates, Landlord, Tenant and many other forms. https://bit.ly/3zhW0mv
Category Archives: Featured Database
OverDrive will be removing the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store in late February 2022 and users will only have access to the Libby app going forward.
What is Libby?
Libby is the newest app from OverDrive, inspired by library and user feedback and designed to get people reading as quickly and seamlessly as possible. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to download the free Libby app. You can visit the Libby Help site for more information or contact your CLAMS library, which will be happy to walk you through using the app.
What does this mean for current OverDrive app users?
When the OverDrive app is removed from app stores, users who already have it installed can continue to use it with no disruption.
Our Libby How-To Handout has been improved and updated. Download it (click on the link below) today and learn how to use Libby to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks for free from CLAMS. Questions? Please contact your home library for even more help.
Designed with feedback from Libby users these updates enhance your digital reading experience and help you find more of the books you love.
- Home page redesign : New filters at the top allow you to see what’s new, what’s popular, what’s available now, and specific subjects. This is a great starting point to finding a new book to read if you don’t have anything particular in mind.
- In the footer at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see updated icons, a new central menu button, and easy access to library search and your timeline.
- Users can set up a Notify Me smart tag to notify them when new issues of magazines they love are available.
- Libby now supports wish list syncing with your library’s OverDrive website. Users with OverDrive wish lists will be prompted in Libby to sync their wish list titles into a single tag.
- You’ll now see the length of audiobooks under the jacket cover so you instantly know how long they are.
Massachusetts Library Networks bring you LEA, a new and innovative way to gain access to more eBooks and audiobooks. Powered by OverDrive, LEA makes it possible for you to borrow eContent in all Massachusetts networks regardless of your home library.
Don’t see the title your looking for in the CLAMS’s OverDrive collection? Use your library card to sign in to another library network and find it there. Click here for more information and helpful instructions.
Do you wish you had longer to read or listen to that ebook? OverDrive offers three different lending periods for materials. Log in to your account, then go to My Account, then choose Settings. There you can choose the default lending period that works best for you. If you finish early, simply return the book in “Loans”. Items already checked out will not change, but future loans will default to these settings. Change them anytime.
Miss the gym? These new workout videos on OverDrive will help you stay or get back in the groove. No waiting, start anytime! You’ll just need your CLAMS card and PIN to get started. https://clamsnet.overdrive.com/collection/1058285
If you don’t yet have a CLAMS library card, you can now register online and start downloading ebooks or use databases immediately. Here’s how:
You will need a computer or cell phone and access to your email account.
1. Go to https://library.clamsnet.org/selfreg
2. Fill out the form and submit. The screen will refresh, with your name, new card number and username. Print the info, take a screenshot or jot down your new card number – you’ll need it in just a moment.
3. Click the link in the first bullet point to log in and create a PIN/Password:
Login to My Account and establish a PIN (Password) Scroll down to and click Did you forget your PIN/Password? Enter your new card number.
4. Check your email for a link to set your PIN/Password.
Your ecard will now be valid for 6 months and will give you access to materials at OverDrive for eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines (when asked for your library, select “CLAMS Library Patrons”). It also includes all Massachusetts Library Databases (select any library to begin). Individually owned library databases such as Hoopla are not included. Please visit your local CLAMS library with a photo ID before the end of the 6 months to upgrade to a regular card with full privileges.
If you will be using your phone or an eReader, we suggest you download the Libby App.
Coming March 2nd! Holds suspension and redelivery gives you more control over your ebook and eaudio holds. Instead of missing your turn because you are not ready to read or listen to that title yet, you can suspend and redeliver the title when you are.