What are some of the features of Encore?
- A single search box provides a simple Google-like experience.
- Faceted Search results. Facets can be added to or removed from one’s search in any order.
What are facets? Facets are filters one can use to modify searches; they typically reduce the number of results each time a facet is added.
This helps users start with a general search and breaks it down into a more manageable, specific results list.
- Tags to refine your search, which are subject headings found in search results displayed.
- Holdings information at the search results screen.
- RightResults relevance ranking bringing the most relevant results to you at the beginning of the results display.
- Ability to re-sort a result list by Title or Date.
- “Did you mean” function based on words and phrases found in our collection, which is superior to spell checking with a dictionary.
- Access to articles available to all Massachusetts residents through the state; No need to leave the catalog to search for articles in magazines, journals, etc.
- Ability to search for eBooks and Digital Audiobooks without leaving the Encore catalog.
Includes display of eBook availability, request placement, and checkout of OverDrive eBooks and Audiobooks from within Encore.